Construction Starts On New Reeds Spring Career Center

Construction Starts On New Reeds Spring Career Center

Construction Starts On New Reeds Spring Career Center

(KTTS News) — Construction is officially underway on a new career center for the Reeds Spring School District.

Voters passed a no-tax increase bond issue for the project in April.

The new Table Rock Career Center will offer 13 programs for juniors and seniors in high school, along with evening classes for adults.

Work on the new building should take about two years.

Press Release

Construction has begun on the new Table Rock Career Center, located on the campus of Reeds Spring Schools. This career center is much larger than the current facility, Gibson Tech, which will allow more students to participate and more programs to be added.

“This school will be a beacon of hope for students in our region, providing them with a pathway to a brighter future,” said Reeds Spring Schools Superintendent Dr. Cody Hirschi. “It will also be a vital resource for businesses and industries in our area, helping to ensure that they have a skilled workforce.”

Voters approved funding for this new career center by passing a no-tax-increase bond issue in April of 2022. The career center will offer 13 programs for juniors and seniors in high school, as well as many evening classes for adults.

“We are very excited about the opportunities this new facility will present for both our students and staff. Career and Technical Education has a direct and immediate impact on our students and communities. This building will help make those opportunities available to even more students.” said Table Rock Career Center Director Brian Moler.

Approximately 25% of the career center’s students come from Reeds Spring High School. The other 75% come from schools in Stone, Taney, and Christian counties.

“Reeds Spring is proud to be part of this consortium of schools that value career and technical education,” said Hirschi. “We are preparing students for the workforce or postsecondary education, based on their passions.”

One special feature of the Table Rock Career Center will be Omar Gibson Lecture Hall, which honors former Reeds Spring Superintendent Omar Gibson. He was instrumental in bringing the original technical center to Reeds Spring. Mr. Gibson is excited about how much the program has grown and supports the new career center.

Construction on the Table Rock Career Center is scheduled to be completed in approximately two years.

Recommended Posts

Loading...